ITHACA, N.Y. — Operations management on dairy farms is integral to success of the farm business. Presented by Cornell CALS PRO-DAIRY and the Northeast Dairy Producers Association, the Operations Managers Conference provides an opportunity for the people responsible for day to day activities on dairy farms to enhance their skills and embrace excellence on the farm.
Due to ongoing uncertainty related to the Coronavirus pandemic and anticipated strict limitations on an in-person experience, the 2021 event will be offered as a 100 percent virtual conference series. The virtual conference series, presented weekly, from noon to 2 PM EDT, January 28 through February 18, 2021, will be a four-week virtual event featuring educational topics and applicable strategies for management teams, whether their focus is cows, crops or people.
Each weekly two-hour session will include a general kick-off presentation and attendee’s choice of one technical breakout session in the area of dairy, crop, or human resource management. One breakout session each week will be offered in Spanish. All sessions will be recorded and available to conference registrants. Registrants will also have access to additional presentation content and networking opportunities in a conference app.
Highlighted sessions include:
- Dairy as a Key Player in the Future of Climate Solutions – Tara Vander Dussen, New Mexico Milkmaid
- Leading for Employee Recruitment, Satisfaction and Retention – Stan Moore, Michigan State University Extension
- Lessons Learned in Safety and Compliance Off the Farm – Panel Discussion
- Welfare of Dairy Cattle: Relevance to the Animal, the Producer and the Consumer – Dr. Jennifer Van Os, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Dry Period Heat Stress: Effects on Dam and Daughter – Dr. Geoff Dahl, University of Florida
- The Top 10 Ways to Ruin Your Team (presented in English and Spanish) – Tom Wall, Dairy Coach LLC
- Protecting Your Farm from HR Violations – Dr. Rich Stup, Cornell Agricultural Workforce Development
- Getting Heifers Off to a Great Start (presented in Spanish) – Dr. Fernando Soberon, Standard Dairy Consultants
- Is There a Link Between Bedding and Milk Quality? (presented in Spanish) – Dr. Paula Ospina, Lechear
Virtual sponsorship opportunities are available. This year’s event offers tiered contribution levels and expanded recognition through the conference website, conference app, and featured recognition during the virtual event.
Full event information is available at prodairy.cals.cornell.edu/omc. Registration cost is $100 per person (unique email addresses are required to register and access the event). For more information, contact Heather Darrow, PRO-DAIRY Conference Coordinator, at email@example.com.
–Cornell CALS PRO-DAIRY
The Northeast Dairy Producers Association